Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday, 10/14/09: Day Seven


Morning



Evening


This morning was just like yesterday. I woke up in pain and the medicine didn't do anything.

I fell asleep until the 10:30 dose was due, took the meds, and then I went to the kitchen and drank an entire 24 oz bottle of water, ate a large bowl of shaved ice, drank my 2 protein shakes (1 chocolate, 1 banana, shot of espresso). Drinking all of that took an hour. By the time I finished at 11:30 the pain was tolerable.

I stayed on my med schedule, pushed fluids all day long. Had more jello around 1:00 or 1:30. The best flavor right now is melon. I used to like peach but it feels too acidic lately. I made some black cherry and grape but I'm concerned they will be too tart. Need to check the ingredients for acids next time. So far melon is the only safe bet.

2:30: same drill as 10:30 but it only took 45 minutes because my throat was less raw: 24 oz bottle of water, large bowl of shaved ice, protein shake combo (1 chocolate shake, 1 banana shake, 1 shot of espresso).

Then I brushed my teeth (hurts) and tongue (HURTS), and showered (steam good for my throat). Watched TV but that is hard because I keep falling asleep - I'm glad for our DVR so I can rewind when I nod off.

6:30: another shake combo: chocolate, banana, shot of 'spro. In a little while I'll have some pureed corn soup or low sodium chicken broth.

Hurts to talk ... it's weird...it's fine for a while and then my throat gets really dry and painful unless I stop talking and drink water. It feels like I might be losing my voice.

That's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment