Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday 10/15/09: Day Eight

Morning


2:30: I was so hungry I just had to eat something that was not jello. So after my meds, I had mashed potatoes, with so much chicken broth mixed in, it was really potato soup.
No taste at all on my tongue - only my throat senses flavors. So everything tastes ... off.






6:30: I woke up with extreme pain & took my meds. Maybe it would have been that way no matter what, or maybe it is because I ate the mashed potato soup.

10:30: I had my pain meds and shakes, and water with some ice.

2:30: Next dose of pain meds and again hungry.
I made it though the mashed potatoes, so I had egg noodles
with butter, and some very, very, very carefully
chewed chicken meatballs.




It still tasted weird, and it hurt a lot, but I made the best of it by eating after my meds had kicked in.
After eating no solid food for a week I really needed this.


6:30: Time for the evening throat pic.....my wife made me laugh with a silly card... which hurt a lot and I figured what the heck I'll try something to eat.


Egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup,
and a few more chicken meatballs.







I felt fine afterward...it hurt a lot but it was not excruciating. Now I am just so tired... I think I'll try sleeping more tonight.


Even the cat is tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment